Role: General Manager
Salary: €100,000 plus 20% Bonus (120K)
Location: County Dublin
Reports to: CEO/MD
Job Purpose: Implementation of the five-year growth plan – 2021 – 2025
The company has an enviable reputation for premium product and is performing well in a difficult (Covid-19) and highly competitive environment, with ambitious plans and a strong focus on change, transformation and profitable growth. Following a re-organization, this will be a new senior appointment and an important role, as we seek to continue to build the foundations of a successful business and product in the records management space, to grow and develop longer term and focus on the implementation of best-in-class, customer relationship management and ever-increasing customer service excellence, as a key point of market differentiation.
This new role will provide an opportunity to hire an individual with a first-class background and a leading-edge approach to sales, marketing and service along with the leadership skills to build and empower their team. S/he must bring the hands-on and collaborative leadership, innovation, energy and drive to continue to inspire and develop records management in Ireland and to contribute new and leading edge thinking to the overall business.
The General Manager will take responsibility for an organization of c.70 people, through direct & indirect reports – in Sales, Service, Operations, Marketing & Commercial Business Partner and PA/Health & Safety.
Candidates will have proven success in effecting and managing a P&L, with a real appreciation of sales and customer management, marketing, product development and service. In addition, they will bring a proven track record in defining and delivering strategic and operational objectives that have made a significant step change in the future growth trajectory of a business.
The primary role of the General Manager is to drive profitable sales & deliver new products and services as set out in the three-year plan:
The key accountabilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Meet and exceed sales targets by region and market segment
- Develop, implement and maintain a client acquisition and retention framework
Client and Stakeholder Management
- Develop strong commercial relationships with key stakeholders
- Embed a methodology of client relationship management across the division
- Develop and monitor the business unit’s operating budget and ensure proper budgetary controls are exercised.
- Monitor performance of individuals in the division against established targets and Key Performance Indicators
People & Organizational Management
- Provide people management leadership through setting direction, monitoring and developing performance, building morale and generating a sense of common purpose.
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience
- People management
- Team Work
- Service Delivery
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Results Focused
- Decision Making
- Strategic Planning
- Substantial experience working in a commercial sales environment
- Substantial experience as a General Manager, Operations Manager or a Managing Director in an organization generating €5 million revenues
- Demonstrable experience in managing a team of senior people
- Experience developing products and services within the record management industry would be advantage
- Experience working with Boards and Executive Management teams
- Highly developed skills and experience in development, preparation and implementation of strategic and business growth plans Knowledge
- Knowledge of modern management techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
Principal Qualification Required:
Relevant third level qualification in Business, Commerce, Management or related discipline
Posted on February 9, 2021