Senior Ruby Developer
Location: London, UK
Salary: £55.000,00 - £75.000,00
We’re looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to join an established and modern tech startup that is VC backed in London, UK!
The software: an application that is already used by thousands of customers and it unites all of your bills (electricity, gas, internet, water, council tax) that you have to pay into one system where you can choose your subscription and keep everything at one place for you to review easily. There is a chat where customers can easily communicate with them if they have any questions about the service.
Core values: collaboration and taking initiative. You won’t be just writing code day in-day out, you will be making an impact across the whole organisation and your thoughts and opinions will be valued by your colleagues and managers.
What you will be doing:
- Development, implementation, launch, and maintenance of highly visible and scalable services and systems
- Analyze and improve the architecture, efficiency, scalability, and stability of the current system services and applications
- Help build a great team of software developers in our London development location.
- Help your team write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
What you need to have:
- A minimum of 2 years of web development experience using Ruby on Rails
- Experience in software development with another programming language (Java, Python, .NET, C#)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ideally knowledge and experience in building web APIs
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture experience (also Microservices)
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud environment
- Database knowledge and experience (Postgres)
- Competitive salary
- Equity options scheme and perks
- Unlimited holidays
- A great working environment where you can make a real impact
- Gym membership
- Monthly team outings
- Paid team volunteering
- Team breakfasts, snacks and booze (beers with peers)
- Weekly social tabs
- Lots of Learning and Development opportunities
If you are interested to learn more about this AMAZING opportunity, click Apply or contact Lydia on Lydia.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 87 096 3282.
Posted on April 27, 2020