Director Of Engineering
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Ingenio is delighted to be working with a SaaS giant who dominates the online form marketplace. Our client has a team of nearly 300 people representing over 30 countries and is backed by fantastic investors.
About the Role
As the Director of Engineering focussed specifically on Partnerships & Core Services you will develop, manage, and empower a product development team of around 20 engineers based both in Barcelona and San Francisco.
What you will do:
- Our client has many global Agency Partnerships in place which drive a significant & growing revenue stream – you’ll work with these partners to develop a scalable architecture to support growth in new clients & areas – video is big right now
- You’ll own responsibility for Core Services
- Manage and grow the assigned teams focusing on their development and growth so that everyone can make their biggest impact while thriving on their day to day job.
- Coach Team Leads and Engineering Managers in your space
- Actively participate in the hiring process, ensuring that only the best talent (attitude + tech skills) join your teams.
- Deliver a revised architectural roadmap within your owned services that unlocks future product value, addresses mid-term scale risks, and improves our security.
- Lead key engineering department initiatives outside of your space
- Improve our visibility of key platform issues, by driving consistent methods of measuring our top 3 issues across all services (logging, performance, uptime).
- Deploy engineering best practices through the SDLC to ensure engineering output is top quality and your services technical debt is kept to a minimum.
- Improve predictability and pace of delivery by implementing a consistent method of continuous improvement across delivery teams on a continuous basis.
- Reduce degradation or interruption of service.
- Honor our defect, fix internal SLA through all your teams.
- Identify, every quarter, the 3 top quality improvement initiatives and implement one.
- Co-create (with POps/CPeO) a fair and sustainable and fair talent assessment method.
- Have a strong understanding and track record of how to drive a thriving Engineering culture, with a proven experience having successfully managed and scaled teams from tens to 100+ engineers.
- Have outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills, especially with respect to clearly communicating complex data-driven topics, and are able to keep the leadership informed, connected and engaged with Engineering priorities and challenges.
- Are able to drive sustainable growth within the Engineering organization, finding, retaining and developing top talent.
- Have experience managing engineering teams across multiple geographies, and with agencies/outsourced teams.
- Master the implementation of evaluation criteria and career planning for engineers and managers which address a healthy mix of technical & leadership skills.
- Are able to balance bottom-up contributions to architectural improvement with the practical needs of a rapidly scaling business.
- Are able to build a justifiable resourcing plan based on product and architecture roadmaps.
- Possess practical experience and tools to drive accountability and predictability for the business in roadmaps.
- Have experience partnering with Product Management to break down large, complex projects into multiple teams with rapid iterative milestones and clear outcomes, to produce a predictable product and engineering roadmaps.
- Excel at ensuring the correct software development process is in place and followed according to industry best practice and the needs of our organization.
- Use a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Have cloud-native experience and have developed products directly for the cloud, staying updated about the latest technologies and trends.
- Have a strong business understanding of how tech companies work, ideally SaaS ones.
- Have an advanced degree (Master’s, Ph.D.) in Computer Science or similar.
We want to hear from you TODAY. Click apply or email email@example.com
Posted on May 18, 2020