Job title: Sales Engineer (Mobile Application Development)
Location – London, UK
Salary – Exceptional salary, bonus & benefits
Client – Our client is on a mission to make it fast, easy and fun to deliver great mobile apps. Founded in 2011, they are a very fast-growing VC funded mobile startup with offices in San Francisco, Boston, Europe and Buenos Aires. Over 600,000 developers and over 30,000 customers use their technology because they provide the best platform to create and test fully native mobile apps for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows.
Role Outline – Our client is looking for experienced Platform Sales Engineers who are as passionate about customers as they are about technology. You will be on the front line engaging with developers and engineers on the customer side, helping them understand the technology portfolio, as well as serve as a trusted consultant and thought leader around everything regarding mobility. Every step of the way you will delight customers and exceed their expectations.
In this customer-facing sales role you will help potential customers to build great apps and make full use of our technology. If you have an engineering background, love to build apps in your spare time or want a more business focused career, becoming a Sales Engineer is a fantastic opportunity. This is an exciting, high visibility position where your contributions will directly contribute to success!
- Able to fulfil monthly personal sales quota and manage an average of 200 business opportunities at any given time
- Follow up with new prospective users who have technical questions, understand their requirements, educate them and ensure that they purchase the platform and have a successful experience with it.
- Engage with existing customers to ensure they have everything they need to build great mobile apps
- Be our customers’ voice within our client’s organization; their goal is to build the best possible developer platform, and it will be the responsibility of the Sales Engineer to find out what customers need from us in order to be more successful
- Current or previous experience as a Sales Engineer or Evangelist at a software company
- Experience with Java, C#/.NET, MonoTouch and Mono for Android is a plus
- Strong technical knowledge; a programming background is ideal as you will be interacting with developers on a daily basis
- Prior experience building mobile apps on iOS, Android, or Windows a huge plus
- A love of helping other people solve problems and a passion for sharing your knowledge and experience to help others succeed.
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of mobile tools, APIs, frameworks a plus
- Eager to learn new technologies, always up to date before your peers on what’s new
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; with the ability to make technical topics easy to understand, on the phone and over email
- Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Results-oriented; willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!