Job Title: Senior (Tier 3) Engineer
Location: South East London
Salary: £65,000 (Depending on experience)
Benefits: Contributory pension, private healthcare, death in service, pence per mile.
Following a record business performance in financial year 14/15, our client is investing in all areas of the business to support continued growth.
As part of this growth there is now a requirement for a Senior Avaya Engineer to join the technical support team as consultants to customers and a mentor for the Tier 1 and 2 engineers. The senior engineer will be expected to have wide technical knowledge but also be able to be client facing and interact with customers.
Deliverables and Output
The below list is not exhaustive and may be amended during the role scoping and interview process:
- Mentor the Tier 1 and Tier 2 engineers on a day to day basis
- This is an office based role so you are required to be based in the London office 5 days a week
- Take calls that have been logged from the lower tiers to offer technical advice to customers, attending site or remotely diagnosing and resolving reported escalated incidents
- Take meetings with customers to advise and consult on products they need or products they need to upgrade
- Stay at the leading edge of technologies and assist in developing, testing and training in new products with a flexible approach
- Educated to A- level or equivalent
- Experience of working in the telecommunications industry 10+ years
- Experience of leading a team of engineers is strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Avaya products including accreditations:
- ACSS Avaya Aura CM and CMM
- ACSS Avaya Aura Session Manager and System Manager
- Experience with Avaya System Platform, Media Gateways, SBCE, Avaya peripheral applications
- Good knowledge of ISDN and SIP trunking
- Good LAN and WAN skills with a great understanding of IP
- Experience with virtualization and VMware
- Experience with planning and installing large multi-site voice and data solutions
- Must have Excel and other Microsoft applications knowledge
- Cisco CCNA / Extreme ENS or equivalent
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange experience
- Microsoft Skype for Business experience
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!