Title – Avaya Contract Engineer
Location – Dublin
Salary – Around €350-400 a day
Client – Our client is a Managed Services Provider in the telecommunications space.
Role – Our client has a requirement for an experienced Avaya Contract Engineer to do support and implementation work onsite for one of their clients.
Day to day responsibilities will be to manage operational requirements using the LanDesk service management tool within the ITIL service management framework.
- Administration and management of the Avaya based Shared Telephony environment including adjunct systems such as call recording, CDR reporting, ACD reporting, UC applications.
- Administration and management of Telephony MACs on Avaya Communication Manager.
- Comply and adhere to key support processes.
- Plan, develop, install and maintain the supported environment.
- Design and Implementation of product enhancements to the Shared Telephony Environment.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of the telephony environment.
- Managing administrative duties, including ticket management and process documentation, effectively and in a proactive way.
Advise on tools, best practices and methodologies.
Comply and adhere to all support processes.
- Develop and maintain support documentation in accordance with company standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of Avaya Communication Manager 5/6 and Avaya Call Management System R16/R17
- Knowledge of Avaya Session/System Manager, AES and call recording technologies.
- Knowledge of voicemail systems and experience of supporting assorted adjunct systems integrated with Communication Manager.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of ACD telephony call flows.
- Experience of SIP trunks and Session Border Controllers.
- Knowledge of ISDN, H.323 and SIP protocols.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience working in an enterprise computing environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory /DNS/TCPIP
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and practices.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodology
- Demonstrable experience with pro-actively managing work and addressing and prioritising demands
- Fluent in business English language – written and verbal
- Experience managing workload and priorities without supervision, including an ability to balance multiple high priority requests
Knowledge and Experience of the following is desirable:
- Cisco switches, routers and ASA firewalls
- Configuration of VLANs and ACL’s in Cisco IOS and Nexus OS
- Working knowledge of packet analyser tools for troubleshooting. eg: Wireshark
- Checkpoint administration and configuration of VPN’s
- Juniper SSL VPN
- HP Network switches
- McAfee IPS/IDS systems
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!