About The Client
Xtremepush (XP) is a global multi-channel experience and engagement marketing platform.
Founded in 2014 by Tommy Kearns and Kevin Collins, the company is headquartered in Dublin, with offices throughout the UK, US and Eastern Europe. Xtremepush enables hundreds of leading enterprise brands to drive engagement and increase revenue. The XP platform gives brands and marketers the ability to analyse, segment and target their web and mobile app users.
The six-month project commenced after Xtremepush raised $33 million to fund its expansion plans in a number of markets, with the intention of doubling its workforce to 140 people over the subsequent 12 month period. Xtremepush had no internal people/recruitment team and so faced a huge challenge in sourcing the talent required for sustainable business scaling while maintaining and building on its solid reputation for excellence. They needed a fully-managed recruitment service (to include pre-hire activity, recruitment, onboarding and service reporting) to add high-calibre candidates to their team across various practices, within their desired timeframe and allocated budget.
The initial contract requirement was to hire for twenty roles over a three-month period across Software Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Product and Operations. It was important for Xtremepush to work with experts that would be accountable for delivering the right candidate, keep a sharp eye on flattening the cost of hiring, and be responsive to turning on and off the recruitment tap quickly when needed.
Ingenio clearly defined the project deliverables and acceptance criteria to the client’s expectations. These deliverables helped to accomplish Xtremepush’s objectives, making it easier to predict the project’s scope, timeline and costs.
The project deliverables were:
- Role definition
- Job description
- Candidate shortlist
- Interviews co-ordination
- Offer and negotiation
Ingenio’s contract was to deliver and manage a service to specifically hire for a large number of roles across the client’s business. These roles included leadership, sales, marketing, engineering, software development, finance, HR, and more.
Ingenio’s process sets us apart from other SaaS recruiters and Xtremepush benefitted from this, as follows:
- Our team met with each hiring manager to get an understanding of the requirements for each vacancy and the relevant interview/assessment process.
- We then created an initial draft of the job description for the hiring managers and worked with them to fine-tune the specifications.
- Suitable candidates were then sourced via various channels and presented for interview after a recruiter screening process.
- Ingenio owned and managed the offer process to close candidates.
- We continuously provided market data to Xtremepush on salaries, competitors and the number of suitable candidates in given locations/geographies.
- Our team held weekly meetings with the leadership team to ensure that up to date information was given, along with any advice on changes in budgets, requirements, and more.
- Ingenio provided weekly trackers, statistics and metrics.
- Our team ran hiring manager interview coaching sessions (from C-Suite down) to provide more structure to the interview process, and ensure a better candidate and hiring manager experience.
The team at Ingenio quickly built strong working relationships with stakeholders and hiring managers to continually strengthen trust, while setting expectations and providing advice throughout.
We were fully embedded and assimilated into Xtremepush. Our recruiters set the agenda for hiring, ensuring a seamless talent acquisition process and a good experience for both candidates and hiring managers alike. As a result, we were able to make a number of critical hires for Xtremepush in a challenging candidate market.
Following initial candidate reviews on their starter journey in Xtremepush, all reported a very pleasant experience – always being well prepped and briefed ahead of interviews. The process moved swiftly and, in many cases, offers were made and accepted within 24 hours. It was an excellent onboarding experience and all candidates sensed the door open before they arrived.
We facilitated Xtremepush’s rapid scalability and saved them valuable time by managing all of the ‘low-value’ admin tasks, such as calendar invites, paperwork, screening, onboarding and referencing.
Talent acquisition was carefully reviewed, even in the current labour market, to ensure that candidate and employee experience fulfilled the clients’ requirements. The Ingenio team was accountable for all new recruits and hired the best people for the respective jobs to flatten expenses in resources, time and ancillary costs. Our work had the positive effect of removing the Xtremepush team’s overall stress of managing the end-to-end recruitment process and ensured it was all completed within the agreed timelines.
Do you need expert assistance recruiting for your organisation? Add your details to the form below and one of the team from Ingenio will be in touch within 24 hours.