Job title: VOIP Support Engineer
Salary– To £30k plus excellent benefits
Client– Our client is a “new generation” telecommunications company. They focus on IP communications technology, Asterisk (Open Source) and Cloud delivered services. You will be working from their main office in Richmond, London.
Role overview- Our client has experienced unbelievable growth recently and an opportunity exists for you to join their key Customer Support team, if you are a customer focussed Support Engineer. They want someone who is pro-active, not afraid to ask questions and can engage with colleagues and clients.
Support Engineers are engaged in a range of activities from day to day trouble ticket management to new customer installations and on-site visits.
- Field first contact with the customer
- Log enquiries in ticketing system
- Issue assessment for prioritisation and issue diagnosis
- Continuous customer dialogue during fault management process
- Liaise with third party suppliers and escalations with in-house development teams
- Fault clearance to the customer’s satisfaction.
Required skills or experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of VoIP related technologies and protocols
- Strong TCP/IP knowledge (CCNA level desirable)
- Fundamental understanding of Routing/Switching/Firewalls
- Fundamental understanding of Linux OS, ability to install and troubleshoot Linux
Most important attributes/personal qualities needed in this person:
- Customer focus
- Communication skills
- Technical Competence
- Ability to work as a constructive team member
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!