Job title: Technical Consultant
Location – Dublin, Ireland
Salary – Exceptional salary, bonus & benefits
Client – Our client is headquartered in Dublin, with offices in New York, London and Singapore. They are a wholly owned subsidiary of a US headquartered business with revenues of $8bn. They deliver the latest generation of Enterprise Data Management (EDM) solutions to financial organisations worldwide.
Role Overview – Our client is seeking an experienced Technical Consultant to join their team and work in a client facing, but hands on technical role. You will be acquisitive, curious, proactive and dynamic in character, and have a strong understanding in Python, Java and Oracle database.
Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will;
- Determine the Clients solution requirements
- Design and implement enterprise solutions to meet the Clients requirements using BPL’s
- Enterprise Data Management platform.
- Work in a hands-on capacity on the integration and configuration of Client implementations
- Liaise with the Client’s business analysts and BPL’s R&D teams.
- Participation in testing (functional and performance) of Client solutions
- Provide training and support for Clients technical teams
This role may also require travel to Client sites, where necessary.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Software Developer/IT Consultant, with demonstrable experience in designing and implementing financial services software solutions
- Python or Java programming language; proven hands-on experience using python programming language in a commercial environment.
- Proven experience using database technologies is essential;
- Experience with Oracle 11g strongly preferred, other database experience an advantage
- Extensive experience writing and tuning SQL and PL/SQL
- Strong knowledge and experience using Java technologies is essential;
- Configuring, deploying, monitoring and debugging Java distributed enterprise applications
- Experience with using and configuring Java APIs (JMS, JNDI, JDBC etc.)
- Knowledge of integration technologies / approaches (messaging, replication, services)
- Experience of XML technologies (XML, XML Schema, XQuery, XSLT, XPath, SAX, DOM)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Professional manner
Knowledge & Experience of the following are a distinct advantage for the role, but not
- Java coding experience
- Source control, build and continuous integration tools an advantage (SVN, Ant, Maven,
- Experience of Financial Services & Capital Markets sector
- Knowledge of Vendor Pricing and Reference Data Feeds (Bloomberg, Reuters, IDC, SIX
Telekurs, S&P, Fitch, Moody’s etc.
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!