A brand new job for a Software Developer has just opened with a Global Telecommunications Companyin Glasgow, Scotland!
This Software Developer job is for someone who has demonstrated competence in software development in their past, but may want to improve their skills or broaden their knowledge.
About the role:
Location: Glasgow, UK / Remote
Reporting to: Development Manager
What you will do:
- Responsible for designing and implementing bespoke software for customers and products
- Create a Test/Development environment for customer review
- Test against test criteria by creating and executing manual test plans and by writing automated unit tests
- Support peers with constructive feedback
- Provide Project Manager with status reports
- Updating internal systems
- Ability to work in a controlled way, confirming to direction around approach and consistency.
Additional information: High degree of flexibility around working times. Travel to customer sites
What you need to have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ experience in programming (for example: Java, C#)
- Experience in writing design documentation, method statements and user guides essential
- Experience in creating clearly documented analysis, design and test specifications essential
- Presentations skills
- Knowledge of recognized development-related standards (e.g. Web Services)
- Development lifecycle experience – from problem statement through to release.
- Understanding of common systems architectures
- Good spoken and written English
- Experience with a modern Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse, Visual Studio
- Experience with/exposure to web containers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, or IIS.
- Experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL…
- Experience of development using a speech application framework (Avaya Orchestration Designer or Voice Objects)
- Pension, Health & Travel Insurance, Life Assurance, Company discount scheme, Bonus
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you immediately. Contact Lydia on firstname.lastname@example.org or +353870963282.