Job title: Senior Project Manager
Location – Homebased role, UK
Salary – Exceptional salary, bonus & benefits
Client – Our client is a specialist Systems Integrator focused on delivering exceptional customer contact strategies, applications and solutions. As their business grows in the UK, and internationally, you will join their business and play a key role in the delivery of complex projects to their prospect and client base.
Role Overview – The purpose of this role is to manage customer-facing projects, transforming the contact centre operation of Sabio customers.
The role is the focal point for ensuring the customer achieves their transformation objectives, Sabio deliver a successful project (time, cost, quality) and at the end of project all parties are satisfied.
As a result – the role holder needs to take clear ownership for the project, once it is converted from a qualified “sale”. Ideally this involved getting involved during the commercial process, meeting the client and providing confidence that Sabio will deliver.
This position will be responsible for management of project planning, resourcing, supplier and subcontractor management, progress reporting, people management, troubleshooting and the continuing maintenance of good customer relations.
The expectation is that the role holder will have experience within the Contact Centre/Customer Service industry, have worked either client or supplier-side and have a track record of successful engagements over a number of complex projects/programmes.
The expectation is that the role-holder will normally be responsible for the simultaneous management of six to eight projects at any given time, ranging from one to twenty six weeks.
The jobholder is required to be fully competent within the field of project management. S/he will perform this role independently, with minimal supervision – which in turn provides a high degree of flexibility and delegated authority.
From point of sale the successful candidate will be required to:
- Understand the customers’ requirements and Critical Success Factors
- Manage communications with the customer
- Clarify any ambiguity in the statement of works
- Liaise with internal technical experts to determine the nature and requirements of the projects
- Determine appropriate project resources
- Set project milestones predictions
- Define project timelines with suitable contingency planning
- Present the project scope to the customer
- Manage and co-ordinate resources (including contractors and relevant client and Sabio staff) to ensure project deliverables are met
- Manage changes in response to customer requests and emerging needs
- Communicate with project team as necessary and manage expectations
- Provide weekly status reports and monthly status reports to relevant stake holders
- Co-ordinate training and consultancy
- Ensure smooth project hand-over to the Support team through the production of appropriate documentationUnderstand the project from the customer’s view-point
- Determine the right level of communication and engagement with the customer
- Provide insight into project progress for the customer
- Always seek to identify more innovative ways of working that increase effectiveness
- Challenge standard processes and procedures with the aim to ensure they are as good as they can be
- Act as an ambassador of Sabio and its key partners at all times
- From time to time you may be assigned any other reasonable duties and responsibilities by your manager or other such person(s) acting as your Manager
- At all times you must follow all reasonable and lawful instructions given to you by the Company
Required skills or experience:
- Experience of working within the contact centre/customer services industry
- Proven project management experience within a consultancy, systems integrator or customer service transformation environment
- Experience with project tools (ranging from MS Project through to presentation via PowerPoint)
- Experience of workshop facilitation including internal and external resources
- Experience of virtual project team management (e.g. matrix management across technical teams)
- Excellent verbal communication skills and versed in the art of explaining issues clearly and in detail
- Ability to create and maintain stakeholder management matrices
- Ability to develop operational relationships with the customer and demonstrate the right level of empathy and understanding
- Escalation handling techniques
- Ability to act under own initiative to ensure projects stay on-track
- Articulate and empathetic in all types of communication, able to handle bad news and to rectify complex situations
- Portfolio Management – managing a set of independent projects to take account of dependencies and sequences. This is often in the form of an identifiable “Programme”
- Leading and Deciding – taking responsibility for decision making, acting with confidence and on own initiative, taking calculated risks, providing direction and co-ordinating action.
- Supporting and Co-operating – understanding others, adapting to the team, building team spirit, communicating proactively.
- Influencing and Presenting – building rapport, managing conflict, making an impact, shaping conversations, promoting ideas, explaining concepts and opinions.
- Organising and Executing – setting objectives, planning, managing time and resources, focusing on customer needs and satisfaction, monitoring and maintaining quality, driving project results.
- Adapting and Coping – accepting new ideas, coping with pressure, showing emotional control and handling setbacks.
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!