Title – Senior AVAYA Support Engineer
Location – Lower Manhattan, New York City
Salary – $120,000
Client – Our client is a UK based Unified Communications specialist and AVAYA platinum partner.
The Role – Our client is looking for a Senior AVAYA Support Engineer to work on-site with one of their US-based clients, a global leader in Information Technology. The Senior AVAYA Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for supporting the client’s contact centre function.
Contact Centre Support Technician (New York Based) Responsibilities:
- Execute voice and contact center infrastructure implementation / deployment projects.
- Participate in technical discussions with other internal teams and external vendors.
- Gather requirements from business teams who want to expand current call centres or build out new call centres.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving escalations and outages.
- Vet and implement configuration changes.
- Maintain lab systems.
- Programming of call flows, VDNs (Virtual Directory Number), Vectors, CMS (Call Management Server) reports etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in design, implementation, deployment, and/or technical support of voice infrastructure and networks
- Hands-on experience with one or more Avaya systems such as 96xx phones (H.323 and SIP), Communication Manager, Gateways, Session Manager, System Manager, Experience Portal / Voice Portal, WebLM, Enterprise SBC (Sipera)
- Proficiency in VoIP protocols such as SIP/RTP and using packet sniffers
- Basic Linux skills
- Good written and oral communications in English
- Resourceful, can identify solutions to obstacles and keep projects moving forward
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing need, infrastructure, and evolving business processes.
- Ability to work closely with the user community, interprets issues, understand requirements, and rapidly deploy solutions.
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams, including application development teams and functional leads.
- Ability to work directly with end users on issue resolution, and process development
Desired Skills (Hands-on experience and working knowledge in at least two of the following):
- Contact center systems and components
- Datacenter environments and deployments
- Avaya CMS, AES, EDP
- Audiocodes Mediant Gateways
- Oracle/Acme SBCs
- Data networking (TCP/IP, MPLS, routing protocols)
- Voice and/or networking security
- Network and system monitoring
- Troubleshooting telephony and networking issues
- Unit, system, integration, or interoperability testing
- Computer Telephony Integration programming/app.designing
- Service Hours: Engineer will be required to cover business hours Monday – Friday with occasional out of hours and travel requirements.
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!