Job Title: SME Business Development Manager
Location: London Bridge, South East London
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 Plus Comms (Uncapped)
Reporting to: New Business Sales Manager
This is a new business role with a remit to find new customers for Our Client across the entire portfolio. This role will mean you will be responsible for targeting SME level companies, offering any solutions from a broad portfolio of services including Mobile, Unified Communications, Data, Managed Services and Contact centre solutions.
The individual will need to be able to work independently, but will be supported by marketing who will provide campaigns and experienced pre-sales and consulting staff.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for the right candidate which includes the ability to over achieve and grow. Targets are highly achievable and also can be over achieved, commissions are not capped.
Key Responsibilities & Measures of Success
- This role will require strong analytical skills as you will need to analyse the market and data to establish potential new business prospects. You will have a wide remit and be able to target clients in multiple sectors
- Develop business propositions and targeted documentation for specific clients with support from the in house marketing team
- Meet with prospect clients and qualify their suitability for further investment
- Build, manage and maintain a stable and growing pipeline ensuring you are able to achieve and over achieve your targets
- Ensure that the pipeline is tracked accurately, actively managed and continuous momentum achieved
- The role is primarily to find new SME level customers, so business is likely to be consistent on a monthly basis, with sufficient activity to sustain a consistent delivery against annual order targets
- Manage the sales cycle and use the supporting resources efficiently and to the maximum benefit of the company
- Present professional and engaging proposals that enable clients to justify investing budgets in the extensive portfolio
- Present, negotiate and close significant deals
- The SME sales team consists of five sales people who report to the New Business & SME Sales Manager.
- This role offers progression toward working on larger and more complex new business opportunities for the right person, following a successful period of selling in to the SME market.
- Successful individuals will be resourceful, intelligent and experienced sales people.
- They will also be expected to ensure constant compliance in line company policies and guidelines
Role-specific Skill & Experience Expectations:
To be considered for this role you must be UK based and have 2+ years of Business to Business sales with at least one year of this within a Telecommunications environment.
This must include generating new business and selling solutions such as Unified Communications.
General Skill & Experience Expectations:
- Ability to adapt to new concepts and develop solution offerings to add value solutions too prospective customer’s businesses
- Ability to understand complex pricing models and position these to prospective customers
- Understands how to demonstrate Return on Investment (ROI) and Total Cost of Ownership
- A structured and methodical approach to sales is essential
- Understanding profitability and how to maximise gross margin is essential
- Good analytical skills
- Logical and rational approach
- Knowledge of MS-Office tools essential
- Experience with Salesforce.com will be beneficial, as would any involvement in a project to migrate to Salesforce.com
- An organised individual who is thorough
- Commercially aware
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills (spoken and written)
- Executes all tasks to an exceptionally high standard
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!