Job Title: Senior Back-end Ruby Developer
Location: Berlin, Germany
Ever considered moving over to Germany?
Right in the heart of the Berlin Start-Up environment my client is looking to hire young and dynamic Senior Back-end (Ruby) Developers and 1 Lead Back-end (Ruby) Developer.
My clients offers a fun place to work, located in the heart of one of Europe’s most vibrant capitals working in a young and dynamic team with flat hierarchies and fast execution with competitive remuneration package’s with Fruit & free drinks everyday.
What we need from you?
- You have been driving (at least 2) similar Ruby projects in agile teams
- You’ve tackled challenges like performance, scalability, legacy code
- Profound understanding of the differences in key-value stores, relational and “NoSQL” database systems
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, experience in other databases is a plus
- Deep understanding of how the web works
- Understanding of browser-server, server-server communication
- Knowledge of distributed queuing systems
- And knowledge in things like Kafka or RabbitMQ is a (big) plus
- Experiences designing and implementing restful and hypermedia APIs
- We think there is more than JSON over HTTP
- You’ve used RSpec
- Experience in Test Driven Development is welcome
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!