Job Title: Provision Engineer
Job Summary: Responsible for provisioning of Ethernet, IP and Voice related services, ensuring circuits are built in accordance with highest standards. This will require the individual to have a full understanding of the network to deliver the service in the most efficient manner while supporting other important functions such as Capacity Check Approval, Service Cancellation, and cascading the knowledge to other team members.
1.Managing IP/Eth/Voice provisioning tickets
- Target to meet 100% provisioning completion of ETH/IP/Voice orders
- Work & troubleshoot with Provisioning Engineers globally to cover the orders of all regions to meet target dates
- Provisioning records update and database maintenance
- Service Cancellation for IP/ETH/Voice
- Achieve earlier Provisioning Lead time whenever possible
- Provisioning process is followed accordingly using the best network routes available
- Provisioning according to the network planning and guidance provided
- Escalate issues affecting the provisioning of orders as early as possible
- Provide positions/demarks to SDM within 24 hours of assignment opening
- Provide assistance to Field Teams for IP/ETH/Voice service testing and implementation
- Support to deliver urgent/expedite within target date given
- Cross train team members on ETH/IP/Voice Provisioning
3. Capacity Support & Capacity reporting
- IP/ETH/Voice Capacity Monitoring
- Approving Capacity request for IP/ETH/Voice within 48hrs of request made
- Support Presales & Solution team for Capacity request
- Liaising with Planning, Service Delivery, Presales/Solution and supplier’s teams
- Maintaining effective communication with SMC and respond to SMC queries
- Provide inputs to improve existing process that will benefit the team and company in general
Preferred Experience /Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required.
- 5+ years experience on network architecture and technology planning for Voice, Ethernet and/or IP networks in carrier and enterprise service provider environment.
- Good understanding of L2 network and services based on MEF standards is highly desirable (ELINE, ELAN, E-TREE, IEEE 801.1Q, QinQ, MEN / CE Y.1731, GVRP, STP, ERPS)
- Good understanding of the design methodologies and protocols used by service providers to build converged IP networks including IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, LDP, RSVP, L2/L3 VPN, TDM Traffic Engineering, IPSec +GRE
- Experience in control switch, Media Gateways, SIP, MGCP/H.248, Voice Compression/Decompression, SIGTRAN (M2PA/M3UA), SS7 Signalling Session Border Controllers (SBCs), VPN/IPSEC, Dynamic routing protocols BGP, OSPF
- Cisco CCNP desirable
- MEF CECP certification is a plus.
- Ability to learn new technologies, troubleshoot IP and Ethernet services/networks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to assimilate, analyse and correlate data from various network monitoring system, application, and security devices, logs, and alerts
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!