Title – Helpdesk Managed Service Engineer
Location – Birmingham
Salary – 25k
Client – Our client is an industry leading Cyber Security Practice providing expert advice, solutions and support into mid – large companies in all UK markets and across the public sector.
Role – To provide efficient and effective technical services and support to our client base.
The Service Desk role encompasses the following specific tasks and is in order of anticipated focus:
- Ownership, troubleshooting and resolution of support calls within the SLA
- Co-ordination of remote sessions and support call updates with vendors
- On-site technical support for the Sales Team
- Service Desk Management of Calls and production of reports at month end
- 24×7 on-call cover on a rota basis
- Maintain Vendor Technical Accreditations as required by the company
The primary element is to provide Service Desk functions to the company’s clients for IT Security solutions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assistance with maintaining the office IT infrastructure
- To undertake and complete all tasks and manage the call queues.
- Production of monthly Stats and SLA information for key accounts.
- Oversee the management of the Managed Services provided to clients
- Making Managed Service changes within a timely manner.
Skill Set Requirements Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Check Point Firewall with CCSA, CCSE Certifications preferred.
- A strong skill set in Check Point firewall is a mandatory requirement so a previous Service Desk environment supporting
- Check Point would be an advantage.
- Cisco Routing and switching or good understanding of networking – CCNA an advantage.
- Other Firewall Manufacturer such as Stonesoft, McAfee, SonicWALL
- Anti-Virus Products, especially Kaspersky
- Two Factor Authentication products such as RSA, ActivID and CryptoCard
- Secure Remote Access
- Web Security
- Email Content Security
- Intrusion Prevention
- Endpoint Security
To regularly update team members as to the status of duties
To keep a list of all current tasks and manage with regard to Corporate Priorities and timescales.
To be responsible for the posting of all paperwork and electronic correspondence in relation to the post holders responsibilities to the network to ensure all team members have access.
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!