Job Title: Financial Controller
Salary: 60-80K EURO
My client is a tech Company focused on the “Internet of Things”, which is about making everyday objects more intelligent and connected to the internet, enabling the user to access them from anywhere at any time.
They are located in the heart of Berlin in very modern offices.
Role Overview/Role requirements
The ideal candidate will be a Big 4 qualified accountant with a minimum of 3-4 years post qualified industry experience. Prior early stage software, eCommerce or retail experience would be extremely beneficial but not a key requisite. The ability to demonstrate self direction and work to tight deadlines are essential to succeed in this role.
Key accountabilities of the position include the following:
- Management of Month end process to provide accurate Monthly financial accounts and associated reporting packs within Group deadlines.
- Assist in the production management accounting information and weekly reports for senior management team to highlight key business and operational control issues.
- Management of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the AP/AR and bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of VAT & Payroll Returns.
- Stock Reporting.
- Maintain Fixed Assets register and associated schedules.
- Maintaining and improving controls over accounting processes.
- Timely provision of information of ad hoc requests to various stakeholders
- Qualified Accountant with 3 – 4 years post qualified industry experience.
- Readiness to display self-directed initiative, as working in a very dynamic office environment demands.
- Experience of consolidation under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent communication skills, experienced in dealing with a variety of stakeholders at different levels in an organisation
- Excellent software skills, with ability to quickly learn new software packages
- Strong problem solving skills, with an execution focus
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!