A position exists for an experienced Linux / Support Engineer for our client, a Cyber Security Vendor based in Dublin.
It is expected that this Linux Support Engineer would provide support to managed ICT environments as part of the Secure Managed Services team. Troubleshooting skills are essential. It will also involve working directly with clients as required.
- The Linux Support Engineer selected must be willing to broaden their skillsets through training both formal and self-driven as required.
- The individual must display good interpersonal skills, this position will involve working as part of a service delivery team and project team as required.
- This Linux Engineering position will involve both project (new builds) and also support of existing client builds.
- Any additional knowledge / expertise in networking (firewalls, switches routers etc.) and Windows environments including Server and storage support is also welcomed and should be highlighted.
Desired Skills and Experience
Minimum Linux skills required:
- Install and configure linux (Debian and/or RedHat preferred)
- Configure networking, dns, routing
- Manage users, permissions, remote access (ssh)
- Configuration of Apache
- Usage of SSL certificates
- Scripting in bash
- SQL server, particularly Oracle or MySQL
- Tomcat, JBoss
- Cisco IOS
- Perl, Python
An attractive benefits package is available to right Linux Support Engineer with the desired skills, qualifications and experience.