A brand new job for a Junior Software Developer has just opened with a Global Telecommunications Company in Glasgow, Scotland!
This Junior Software Developer job is for someone who has recently graduated or has some basic experience in software development. This can be your first step on the professional ladder in terms of software development. You will receive a greater level of guidance and development than other team members and will benefit from working in a highly dynamic and fun environment.
What you will do:
- Responsible for designing and implementing bespoke software for customers and products under supervision and mentoring of senior developers
- Create a Test/Development environment for customer review
- Test against test criteria by creating and executing manual test plans and by writing automated unit tests
- Ability to work in a controlled way, confirming to direction around approach and consistency
- Provide Project Manager with status reports
- Hand project over to customer and tech. support team in the form of a user/support guide and training
What you need to have:
- Educated to a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level or equivalent
- Academic knowledge or some experience programming (with for example Java, C#)
- Basic Understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Development lifecycle experience – from problem statement through to release.
- Understanding of common systems architectures
- Good spoken and written English
- Some experience of working in a technical environment
- Demonstrable presentations skills
- Experience with a modern Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Eclipse, Visual Studio
- Experience with/exposure to web containers (Apache Tomcat, JBoss, or IIS)
- Experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgresSQL
- Experience of development using a speech application framework (Avaya Orchestration Designer or Voice Objects)
- Pension, Health & Travel Insurance, Life Assurance, Company discount scheme, Bonus
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you immediately. Contact Lydia on email@example.com or +353870963282.