Job title: Tier 2 Data Engineer (Cisco & Juniper)
Location – Nationwide, UK
Salary – Range from £35,000 – £45,000 plus benefits
Client – Our client is an innovative and progressive global communications enabler with a vision to become the partner of choice for global telecoms innovation. With over 120 years’ experience, they have gone from strength to strength and is now a leading UK communications provider with international presence across Europe, Asia and the United States that has aided its evolution in becoming a leading supplier in roamed services.
Role Outline –Our client is looking to immediately fill a position for a Tier 2 Data Engineer who will join their team and will be responsible for all technical elements of project delivery including input into Design, Pre Staging, Implementation and Maintenance of multi-vendor Data Products, with a specific focus on Cisco & Juniper. The Data Engineer will work in tandem with the Project Management team to ensure a successful and cost effective project is delivered. The role will involve travel across the UK & Europe and will require working out of hours and weekends on projects.
The requirements & experience for the right person are:
- Min 5 years experience working for a system integrator/service provider
- Ability to understand IPT Deployment and Support environments
- WAN, ADSL, Ethernet, EFM,L2TP,LNS,Proactive Monitoring ,radius.
- Conduct Network Assessments and advise on Network Readiness
- CCNA & CCNP are required at minimum – CCVP and MCSE would be an advantage
- Complex Cisco & Juniper Support – WAN/LAN, Routers and Switches
- Experience of Implementation, Upgrades and Design
- VPN Design and Configuration
- Customer service focused
- Excellent organisational skills
- Professional, positive and decisive in approach
- Confident communicating with customers or staff at a variety of levels over the phone and face to face.
- Be capable of dealing with customers in a high pressure environment
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!