Title – Avaya Pre-Sales Consultant
Location – Flexible, Ideally South of England or Midlands
Salary – Up to £50k basic + benefits & bonus
Client – Our client is a leading Avaya SI and MSP, delivering seamless communications solutions to clients across the UK, Ireland and globally.
The Role – The Presales Consultant’s primary role is to take responsibility for the overall design of customer solutions and provide a trusted advisor relationship to key accounts. It is vital for the presales consultant to retain ownership of the solution design during the customer engagement phase working alongside the account manager to finalise the customer proposal.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- To design innovative technology solutions that meet the business demands of the customer and to enhance manufacturer recommended best practices by assisting to develop our client’s best practices and design guidelines to form proven, tightly integrated solutions.
- To carry out pre-sales design activities including but not limited to, requirements gathering/analysis, high level design outline, bill of materials, technology demonstrations, presentations, schematics, scope of work documentation and to assist the sales team with the production of proposals and bid responses.
- To analyse and understand the business applications in use and identify where communications enablement of these could add value to a customer by increasing productivity, removing inefficiency and driving down costs.
- To assist the sales team in
generating revenue and increasing margin levels set by the business.
The presales consultant must be an accomplished presenter and demonstrator who is
comfortable presenting and demonstrating technology at senior management level
and to large customer audiences. The quality of all presentation material and
documentation produced must be of high level.
- Customer requirements gathering and analysis
- High Level solutions design for small or medium projects
- Technology demonstrations
- Technical ownership of bid responses
- Production of proposal / work order technical documentation, schematics, bill of materials etc.
- Responding to RFP, ITT & RFI requests
- Provide support to the Project Management and professional services team during the project kick off cycle.
- Act as customer liaison for future requirements
A thorough data communication TCP/IP Suite of Protocols, Telecoms, Contact Centre and business application knowledge is required. Multi-vendor product knowledge is desirable in order to offer a true “Trusted Advisor” consultancy service. A high Microsoft Visio and Office suite competency is also essential.
An advanced understanding of the following technology area is required:
- Avaya Unified Communications in an enterprise architecture model and preferably a certified voice professional (APDS – UC)
An intermediate understanding of one of the following technology area is very desirable:
- A good understanding of TCP/IP, OSPF, MPLS, Switching, Routing.
- Networking technologies; LAN, WAN, WLAN, Firewall, etc.
- IP Telephony Protocols (SIP, H323 etc)
Any understanding of the following technology areas would also be advantageous:
- Legacy Nortel solutions; CS1000, Meridian, CallPilot, Symposium, Contact Centre (AML/MLS)
- Avaya Contact centre in an enterprise architecture model and preferably a certified contact centre professional (APDS)
- Call recording and workforce management solutions applications, preferably Avaya WFO or Verint
- Virtualisation, experience with VMware systems and software a plus
Desired Skills and Experience
A good knowledge in a small number of specific product areas or vendors is required, predominantly the Nortel CS1000 solution. A good level of understanding of typical design tools such as Avaya Enterprise Configurator (EC), Avaya Solution Designer (ASD), Microsoft Visio and Office suite is also desirable.
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!