Job Title: Avaya Project Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 /year
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Project Management: 3 years
Company: International Telecom organisation is currently looking to recruit Project Managers x 3 in Chicago or Boston.
My client has strong presence and experience in telecommunications and are dedicated to delivering world-class services to a wide range of different clients. They are full-service global consumer and business enterprise provider, with services covering domestic fixed land line through to leading-edge data hosting for the e-gaming industry providing a complete package, from bespoke communication solutions to unrivalled customer support.
Candidate Skill Set:
- 3-5 years’ Technical Infrastructure (IT/Telco) project delivery experience
- 3-5 years’ experience of IT/Data/Voice deployments
- Project Management PMP accreditation desirable
- Excellent administration and organisation skills with ‘eye’ for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident use of MS Office
Day 2 day duties:
- Ensure project plans are created, approved internally and agreed with client to ensure fastest delivery within pre-identified scope parameters (time/cost/quality).
- Incorporate high level minimum milestones re programme methodology
- Establish, document and gain approval for the required Project Structure (externally and internally) encompass resource required to enable project delivery
- Look for ways to add value for customers and client, accelerate delivery, improve on all elements of scope without adversely impacting cost/timeline/quality
- Ensure changes delivered on site to customers are planned in advance, documented, technically verified, approved and communicated in complete adherence to customers’ change mechanisms
- Manage 3rd party suppliers involved in project delivery and delivery of operational services to ensure clients standards are maintained
- Identify/document/escalate/track risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions through the Risk & Issue Register mechanism, with requisite WS/customer stakeholder to ensure appropriate management
- Raise purchase orders, booking internal client resource
- Update budget info including budget to actuals
- Ensure all project customer or internal meetings are well prepared, documented and tracked, record key decisions and circulate as per agreed communication mechanisms
- Ensure document controls are in place and kept updated
- Work with customer and designer/architect to identify and document requirements to be translated into effective customer solutions
- Identify problems, manage issues and identify where waste can be removed from process steps, ensure process consistency across end-to-end business hierarchies
- Identify where process and/or procedural changes can provide end-to-end solutions
- Perform required close-down activities including (openly) identifying lessons learnt
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!