Job title: Account Manager
Location– Homebased (UK)
Salary– To £50k plus OTE
Client– Our client is a specialist System Integrator focused on delivering exceptional customer contact strategies, applications and solutions. Our client are looking for an enthusiastic Account Manager with a proven track record in sales to join their expanding team throughout the UK.
If you have a passion for sales, building lasting customer relationships and have the ability to sell complex technology solutions, our client would like to speak with you.
Role overview- You will be responsible for retaining, managing & developing a set of key customer accounts with a region in the UK.
The Account Manager will be supported in managing between 10 – 15 accounts and the primary task is to develop strong relationships in order to generate opportunities to grow our share of the customer spend in contact centre technologies.
You will have an extensive portfolio of solutions you can sell to our client’s customer base and a large presales & consultancy team that can help Account Managers develop business cases to justify investment based on technical or business needs. Experience of solution/insight selling based on ROI or improvements in customer service is an advantage.
- Retention & extension of existing customer support contract as part of renewal cycle
- Targeted to sell upgrades, support extension, new products & network services into customer base
- Understands customer needs and expectations by providing a consultative approach, working closely with the wider presales & consultancy team to enhance the opportunities
- Delivers effective insight based presentations focused on solutions to the customer’s need.
- Maintains strong customer relationships with all decision makers & extend relationships in the account
- Accurately prepares account plans and sales forecasts in line with profit targets
- Build strong relationships within the customers at multiple levels.
- Forge links with vendor high touch personnel assigned to customers
- Champion accounts within your new role & communicate effectively with colleagues about their needs
Required skills or experience
- Understanding & background in Communication & General IT Technology Account Management
- Skills and competencies developed through direct selling within major accounts equivalent to 2 – 5 years’ experience
- Good broad understanding of all aspects of technology ideally with some experience of Customer service or Contact Centre technology. This could include Network Services, Applications (CRM) or hosted technologies.
- Ideal experience would be in customer service or contact centre technology Account Management.
- A track record of success in achieving or exceeding quotas on a quarterly basis through selling new technologies as well as upgrades/expansions into existing customers.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with the ability to confidently present to senior people & conduct analysis into business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills in building and maintaining collaborative relationships with cross functional teams. With a desire to exceed customer expectations
- The ability to address customers at a technical level and understand strategic trends
- Dynamic, self-starter with a hunger for sales and winning business alongside a strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An energetic approach & a can-do positive attitude
- Continuous Professional Development is a key focus of your role.
- Always seek to identify more innovative ways of working that create increase effectiveness
- Challenge standard processes and procedures with the aim to ensure they are as good as they can be
- Act as an ambassador for your new company and its key partners at all times
- From time to time you may be assigned any other reasonable duties and responsibilities by your manager or other such person(s) acting as your
- At all time you must follow all reasonable and lawful instructions given to you by the Company
- Relating and Networking
Building Rapport with internal and external contacts. Establishing and fostering a Network. Relating across levels. Making an impact.
- Presenting and communicating information
Speaking fluently. Explaining concepts and opinions. Articulating key points of an argument. Presenting and public speaking. Projecting credibility. Responding to an audience.
- Developing results and meeting customer expectations
Focusing on customer needs and satisfaction. Setting very high standards for quality. Monitoring and maintaining quality. Working systematically. Driving projects to results.
- Applying expertise and technology
Applying and building technical expertise. Using in house technology resources effectively.
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives
Achieving objectives. Working energetically and enthusiastically. Pursuing self-development. Demonstrating ambition
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more about, apply today by using our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you once we have reviewed your application!